GARBAGE PICK UP IS WEEKLY. RECYCLING PICK UP IS EVERY OTHER WEEK. GARBAGE SERVICE IS CONTRACTED WITH ADVANCED DISPOSAL.
Town of Wausau Burning Regulations
- No permits are to be issued for open burning to businesses per the DNR.
- No burning on Sundays and all legal holidays.
- No permit is needed for campfires if they are used for cooking or for warmth. Time and day are exempt.
- Hours of burning are from 4:00 pm till midnight when winds are less than 8 mph.
- No permit is required where the ground is completely covered with 1 (one) inch of snow. Hours for burning are exempt as long as the wind is less than 8 mph.
- It is the owner’s responsibility to call the DNR HOT LINE @ (888) 947-2876 to see if burning is allowed for that day in Marathon County (Enter 37 for Marathon). Then call the Sheriff’s Department @ (715) 261-1200 to tell them that you are doing a controlled burn.
- Remember you are liable for any fire you start and all expenses incurred in the suppression of the fire you caused.
- Materials that may not be burned are:
- Wet, combustible rubbish, such as wet cardboard or paper.
- Oily substances, such as oily or greasy rags, oil filters or paper.
- Asphalt such as asphalt shingles or tarpaper.
- Plastic of any kind including plastic bottles and plastic bags.
- Rubber products including tires and hoses.
- Burning permits must be obtained before burning trees, brush, stumps, pallets, and dry unpainted/untreated wood. A burning permit is issued for three days.
- Burning barrel permits must be obtained before burning small amounts of dry mixed paper, container board (for example: cereal boxes and beverage packaging). A burning barrel permit is issued annually.
BURNING PERMITS & BURNING BARREL PERMITS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM:
Ben Schlund - (715) 297-3396
Kyle Borchardt - (715) 340-3561
Kevin Yolitz - (715) 432-3602